Thursday, March 8, 2007

The Feline Felon's 15 minutes of fame

Divine Providence was apparently looking in on me yesterday and dropped a pair of tickets to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo into my lap. A friend of mine and I had been talking about going to see Sheryl Crow when she appeared last night, but all it turned out to be was talk until the email hit my in box and I called the ticket donator within three seconds to claim them. So after rushing home to pull on a pair of boots and grab a decent shirt, it was off to South Houston for a night of good food, good music (her vocal mix was slightly harsh in a bright kinda way, but that's just me being a sound guy, a hat I will always be wearing to some degree for the rest of my life, I imagine) and general merriment.

Poputonian has some thoughts about how the coverage of and wailing over the conviction of my cat's namesake is as relevant to the larger picture of what's happening in the country as I write this as the frantic coverage of Anna Nicole Smith's death and the ensuing custody scramble for her daughter was to the other news last week, namely the emerging Army Hospital Scandal, which continues to grow in leaps and bounds (but is also starting to fade away in the mainstream media...) with the help of Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

No comments: