Saturday, September 15, 2007

More Changes

Glenda has decided to mothball The Tude. I understand her reasons, but am still saddened by the short life that it lived. It was a good idea, and I enjoyed and am proud of the pieces I wrote for it.

On other fronts, the Zero Day is fast approaching when I will bid the Alley farewell and begin the next chapter of my life here in Houston--at least for the foreseeable future. You never know where or when things are going to take you. An exhaustive post about the process of coming to the decision and some of the reasons as well as what I'm looking toward doing next is in the works and will be forthcoming in mid October.

Meanwhile, I'm beat. I mowed and edged the lawn this morning (something I enjoy doing) and then went over to a friend's house to finish some electrical wiring I was doing for them in their garage, and then went to kickball practice after that. The theater has a team that I just started playing for, and the championship tournament starts on Monday. The team hasn't won a game all season, and the prospects of winning the first round game are low (it's against one of the best teams in the league), but it's fun and that's pretty much all that counts. The gist of all this is that I'm going to turn off the college football game that's on (Boston College mauling Georgia Tech--sorry, not Earth shattering to me...) and hit the old hay so that I have plenty of energy for viewing the football that counts tomorrow.

2 comments:

Margo Moon said...

Ahhh. Resting up in preparation for better TV viewing. Very strategic.

Me said...

We all need to rest, I think. Rest our minds, bodies, souls.

We need to gear up for the coming battle.

It's coming.

A storm is coming.